Whether you’re actually watching a Steven Bomb, are having a binge watch party, or are having a general Steven Universe party, this is a curated list of ideas for the party. This list is for tweens, teens, and college students. Although its a children show, its main following are teens and college students.
1: Watermelon Stevens
You’ll need a fresh watermelon (or two depending on how many people are over), a sharp knife to cut the watermelon, and a basic gingerman cookie cutter. Cut out multiple watermelon shaped men that should serve as your watermelon Steven.
2: Fry Bits
You can’t have Beach City without fries. Steven particularly loves the fry bits. All you need to do is to get French Fries (possibly frozen). Prepare them as the recipe suggests and serve.
3: Cookie Cat Ice Cream Sandwiches
4: Cluster shards
Break off colorful pieces of rock candy using a kitchen mallet. You should get 3-6 colors and mix them together in a bowl.
5: Amethyst’s Donuts
I saw this recipe for delicious looking donuts on a geeky baker’s website. Cooking experience is required, but you should take a look just to drool a little.
6: Fish Stew Pizza
Just order a pizza and put the label for Fish Stew Pizza over the label of the box or by the pizza. No one wants to try experimenting with actual fish stew sauce on pizza unless you have plenty of bathrooms in the house and you don’t mind that you won’t get to watch the show.
7: Alcoholic Beverages
There are a lot of creative ways to make drinks. I don’t have time to taste them all. This blogger seems to have come up with some interesting drinks. If not, just make the group favorites and print out new labels.
This is what happens when you comb the internet- you find random things. This is a tea you can buy on the internet that was inspired by the show.
Oh, puns. I recommend having a triangular shaped plate for the chips so that you can just dump the chips onto the plate and a circular bowl to put the guacamole in. The guacamole should be presented at the bottom of the plate so that it looks like Peridot’s head and the chips look like Peridot’s hair.
Games and Activites:
1: Become a Gem
Some will be into this more putting on sticker gemstones than others. Get some sticker gem earrings like these and put them in a bowl. People can stick these gems to themselves for the viewing party. You know your friends (and the kids know their friends). Some people may want to come up with their own back stories and share. Let them. If some friends are just content putting the stickers on or not participating, don’t force them to.
2: Fusion Dance
Start off with groups of 2 people. Have them pick a 10-30 second sound bite to dance to. The dance should end with them frozen together. Give everyone about 10 minutes to learn their dances.
3: Who Said it Game
This is a trivia game to play with friends. The person who is hosting the party should also be the host. Write out these quotes and who said them on a piece of paper or note cards.Read out the quote and have your friends guess who said it. Here are some samples:
- “You are your own gem, you control your destiny. Not me.” -Garnet
- “I can tell you with certainty that there are things on this planet worth protecting!” -Peridot
- “That’s right. You can feel horrible all you want back at the temple.” -Pearl
- “Just because you can shapeshift doesn’t mean you should.” -Pearl
- “We’re always the bigger gem!” -Ruby
- “I forgot how great it feels to be me.” -Sugilite
- “‘Go to earth,’ they said. ‘It’ll be easy,’ they said.” -Peridot
- “That’s a lie. Your middle name is cutie pie.” -Garnet
- “Blink if this means you love me.” -Steven
- “You’re not as above this as you think you are!” -Ruby
- “I’m just trying to ‘lion’ the mood.” -Amethyst
- “Which way to the baby war?” -Amethyst
- “Oh, honestly, you call everyone a clod.” -Pearl
- “Tiny hands, my only weakness.” -Garnet
- “Did you even wonder who I used to be?” -Lapis Lazuli
- “You two should spend some time apart.” -Alexandrite
- “Fusion is just a cheap trick to make weak gems stronger.” -Jasper
- “Let’s stay on this miserable planet together!” -Malachite
- “You should sneak me into a PG-13 movie sometime.” -Connie
- “All you wanna do, is see me turn into a giant woman.” – Opal
- “Ugh, you’re no fun anymore.” -Amethyst
- “Humans find such fascinating ways to waste their time.” -Pearl
- “Look! Over there! Another planet to betray!” -Peridot
- “I love you, Tiger Millionaire.” -Lars
- “It’ll mess up my funky flow.” -Steven
4: Deactivate the Warp Pads
It’s the duty of the crystal gems to make sure that home world can’t reach Earth. The easiest way for home world to come to Earth would be to come through on a warp pad. When Steven follows the crystal gems on missions to check the warp pads, he leaves a crying breakfast friends sticker on the portal to show that the portal has been checked and is deactivated. Send your guests around the house and yard to send a stamp of approval that the portal has been deactivated. I recommend thinly cutting toilet paper or paper towel rolls to act as the portals. Make about 10-25 portals and hide them both in plain view and in hard to find places. You may tell your guests how many portals there are. Give each guest (or if you have a lot of guests, break them into teams) a designated sticker or character sticker. No talking. They have 5 minutes to find all of the portals you made.
When the timer goes off, you should go around the house to collect all of the portals with your guests and see who the best member of the crystal gems is- the one who made sure the most warp pads were secure.
5: Drinking Game
I honestly don’t get drinking games. You’re not being forced against your will to watch the show. This blogger came up with a drinking game for Steven Universe. Play with alcoholic beverages to get drunk or play with water to get hydrated. Your choice. There are many other versions online. Just do a quick search and many will be pulled up.
6: Steven Bingo
This image was taken off of reddit. You should have everyone fill in their own spots. A list of some bingo spot ideas has been added below:
Potential Bingo Spots:
- Gems fuse
- Someone cries
- Steven cries
- A gem gets bubbled
- Lion appears
- Steven shouts, “no!”
- Stars for eyes
- Amethyst shape shifts
- Rose Quartz is mentioned
- Amethyst and Pearl bicker
- Rinaldo has a new theory
- Lars and Sadie argue
- Onion appears
- Mention of Yellow Diamond
- Mention of the Cluster
- A gem eats food
- Garnet destroys something
- someone sings
- Steven’s life is in danger
- Steven uses his shield
- dog copter
- crying breakfast friends
- warp pad is used
- gems don’t understand human culture
- Peridot calls someone a clod
- Steven cheers someone up
- a new gem appears
- a new monster appears
- Greg gives a flashback
- Steven doesn’t feel human
- Steven doesn’t feel like a gem