It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!… I forget what lyrics come next. I usually end up humming the next part because I can never remember what comes next.
Hopefully, your party guests will be able to remember what lyric comes next in this party game. There are different ways that you can play this game. You can play as the ultimate host and ask everyone for the next lyric. You can divide everyone into 2 teams, put the song cards in a bowl and see how many one team can go through in a minute. You would switch sides as soon as a minute is up and repeat until all of the song cards are gone. The last way to play is to divide everyone up into teams or families. Then the teams can use a sound effect on a group member’s phone or electronic device to buzz in and answer a question.
If you really want to go all out, then you should consider playing the music and freezing it to ask what the next line of the song is.
- cards with the song line leading up to the song and the missing lyric on it
- music (optional)
Songs for the Game:
The part that is in bold is the missing lyrics. Don’t say them out loud!
- Dashing through the snow / In a one horse open sleigh/ O’er the fields we go/ Laughing all the way
- Bells on bob tails ring/ making spirits bright/ What fun it is to laugh and sing / a sleighing song tonight
- Oh what fun it is to rife/ In a one horse open sleigh
- You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen / you know Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen / But do you recall / the most famous reindeer of all
- All of the other reindeer / Used to laugh and call him names / They never let poor Rudolph / Join in any reindeer games
- Then one foggy Christmas Eve / Santa came to say / Rudolph with your nose so bright / Won’t you guide my sleigh tonight
- Then how all of the reindeer loved him / As they shouted out with glee / Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer / you’ll go down in history
- Silent night, Holy night / All is calm, all is bright / Round yon virgin, mother and child / Holy infant, tender and mild
- Joy to the world, the Lord is come! / Let Earth receive her king
- He rules the world with truth and grace / And makes the nations prove
- Sleigh bells ring / Are you listening? / In the lane / Snow is glistening
- A beautiful sight / We’re happy tonight / Walking in a winter wonderland
- In the meadow we can build a snowman / And pretend that he is Parson Brown
- Gone away is the blue bird / Here to stay is a new bird
- The stars in the bright sky looked down where he lay / The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay
- Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock / Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring / Snowing and blowing in bushels of fun / Now the jingle hop has begun
- What a bright time / It’s the right time / To rock the night away
- You better watch out / You better not cry / You better not pout / I’m telling you why / (Santa Claus is coming to town)
- He’s making a list / He’s checking it twice / He’s gonna find out / Who’s naughty or nice
- He sees you when you’re sleeping / He knows when you’re awake / He knows if you’re been bad or good / So be good for goodness sake
- For every year this Christmas tree / Brings us such joy and glee / Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree / Such pleasure do you bring me!
- O come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant / O come ye O come ye to Bethlehem / Come and behold him born the King of Angels / O come let us adore him Christ the Lord
- Rocking around the Christmas tree / Have a happy holiday / Everyone’s dancing merrily / In a new old fashioned way
- Rocking around the Christmas tree / Let the Christmas spirit ring / Later we’ll have some pumpkin pie / And we’ll do some caroling
- O star of wonder, star of night / Star of royal beauty bright / Westward leading, still proceeding / Guide us to thy perfect light
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas / Just like the ones I used to know (or also acceptable is: With every Christmas card I write)
- Oh the weather outside if frightful / But the fire is so delightful / And since we’ve got no place to go / Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
- When we finally kiss goodnight / How I’ll hate going out in the storm!
- What child is this, who laid to rest / On Mary’s lap is sleeping?
- Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul / With a corncob pipe and a button nose / And two eyes made out of coal
- There must have been some magic / In that old silk hat they found / For when they placed it on his head / He began to dance around
- The first Noel, the angels did say / Was certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay
- Said the night wind to the little lamb, / “Do you see what I see?” / Way up in the sky, little lamb, / Do you see what I see?”
- Silver bells / Silver bells / It’s Christmas time in the city
- Come on it’s lovely weather / For a sleigh ride together with you
- Hark! The herald angels sing / Glory to the newborn king
- On the first day of Christmas / My true love sent to me / A partridge in a pear tree
- On the third day of Christmas / My true love sent to me / Three French hens / Two turtle doves / And a partridge in a pear tree
- Here comes Santa Claus / Here comes Santa Claus / Right down Santa Claus lane
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas / Everywhere you go
- Chestnuts roasting on an open fire / Jack frost nipping at your nose
- They know that Santa’s on his way / He’s loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh / And every mother’s child is gonna spy / To see if reindeer really know how to fly
- Grandma got run over by a reindeer / Walking home from our house Christmas Eve
- You can say there’s no such thing as Santa / But as for me and Grandpa, we believe
- Good king Wenceslas looked out / On feast of Stephan / When the snow lay round about / Deep and crisp and even
- Good tidings we bring / to you and your kin / Good tidings for Christmas / and a Happy New Year!
- I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus / Underneath the mistletoe last night
- God rest you merry gentlemen / Let nothing you dismay / Remember Christ our Savior / Was born on Christmas Day
- I’ll be home for Christmas / You can count on me / Please have snow and mistletoe / And presents under the tree
- Christmas Eve will find me / Where the love lights gleams / I’ll be home for Christmas / If only in my dreams
- I want to share your kisses for Christmas / The rest is only tinsel and show / You’re all I want, my darling / By candle glow and mistletoe