Cool pool floats are everywhere! They’re at Urban Outfitters, Target, Kohl’s, and are all over instagram. You finally caved and bought one (or are maybe thinking of buying one). Now what? Well, why not have a whacky relay race? This game will be fun for all ages whether at a 4th of July party or for your child’s 7th birthday party.
Ideas Based on Popular Pool Floats (with links through Amazon.com):
- Mermaid races (2 mermaid pool floats)
- The 4th of July (1 American flag pool float and one either red or Union Jack pool float)
- Battle of the Swans (1 black swan pool float and 1 white swan pool float)
- Unicorn races (2 unicorn pool floats)
- Candy races (1 piece of candy float and another piece of candy float)
- 2 pool floats
- 1 pool
- At least 1 responsible adult
Split the party up into 2 groups. Each group will be assigned to a pool float. The kids will race to get their pool float from one side of the pool to the other. When one member finishes a lap, the next member of the team can jump on the pool float (which may be more or less difficult), and try to make it over to the other side of the pool and back before the other kid does. Keep going until one group has had all of its team members do a lap. The team that gets all of its players to return faster than the other team will win.