Start the party on a sugary high note with this ice breaker! Have each child pick 1-2 m&m’s that are different colors and then explain that each color of m&m is correlated with a question. Have the kids tell the others what color they have and their answers one at a time in a circle. This will allow the kids that may not know each other to find connections that’ll allow them to play for the rest of the party. 3 packs of m&m’s may cost you $7.
You can substitute m&m’s for other candies such as Skittles, but be aware of the different allergies or dietary restrictions that other kids may have. For instance, Skittles is made with gelatin, which is a meat product that vegetarians can’t eat. Other than that, this is a super fun ice breaker. We played this game at my 16th birthday party.
- paper with instructions about what each color means
- enough m&m’s
- How did you meet the birthday child?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you prefer cats or dogs?
- Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- Where are you from?
- What instrument do you play?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is the best joke that you’ve ever heard?
- Who is your role model?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is the coolest thing that you’ve ever done?
- What is the nicest thing that you’ve ever done for someone?
- What country do you want to visit one day?
- What languages do you speak?
- Who is your favorite musician?